We are small and newly found micronation in the Czech republic. It was founded in 1st of September 2017 from fun as idea of four students of Gymnasium Sušice and today it consist of 18 citizens.
Name of Gymnasium State comes from Czech, where word gymnázium means type of high school, and not gym, as in Germanic languages. Word State is also oficialy written with a capital letter, because according to rules of Czech language, Stát Gymnázium is written with both first letters capital, which was adopted in English name too.
The area was populated for the first time at the Stone Age. In the 5th century BC, the Celts founded a settlement nearby. In the 6th century BC the local area settled the Slavs and started to sieve gold in the Otava river. The first permanent settlement here was probably built in 790 and the first mention of Sušice dates back to 1233.
During the 12th century it belonged area of Sušice to Bavaria. In 1257 this territory was conquered by Přemysl Otakar II. and built the city here. In 1273 Sušice was officially annexed to Bohemia and became a royal town. In 1322, Jan Lucemburský allowed the city to bend the city. John also insisted that Susice must not be alienated to the Czech King. For Charles IV. Wenceslas IV. Susice has won many other rights and privileges. During the Hussite Wars Sušice was very supportive and Sušíctí participated in the conquest of Švihov, the siege of Pilsen and Zvíkov and other battles. After the Battle of Lipany, Susice surrendered to the land unity, and the also participated in the adoption of Basel compacts.
Sušice after the wars lost some privileges and burned several times. For defying obedience, Ferdinand I lost some of the privileges, but they were later recovered. During the Thirty Years' War Sušice surrendered in 1620 and re-Catholization took place here in the whole of Bohemia. In 1640 General Piccolomini was there, and shortly before the end of the war he was occupied by the Swedes. During the Silesian wars and seven years of war, the Austrian troops were accommodated here. In 1774, compulsory schooling was in force here. Susice supported the effort of national revival. In 1839, Vojtěch Scheinost established SOLO factory, which brought the matches to the whole world. In 1906 a grammar school was established in Susice, for which architect Ladislav Skřivanek later proposed a new building, which at that time was the most beautiful grammar school in Austria-Hungary.
Czechoslovak president Edvard Beneš was also visiting Sušice grammar school during his reign. During the German occupation, Sušice remained a part of the Protectorate because of the Czech population, but the neighboring village Dlouhá Ves was already German. Before the end of World War II, the grammar school was closed completely. The city was liberated on May 6, 1945 by the US Army. During the Communist regime, the Iron Curtain led in the nearby Šumava. In 2017, four students established a micronation in their class.
Independence was proclaimed on 1 September 2017 as the Socialist State of Gymnasium. About a month later, the micronation fell into oblivion. In December 2017, the Gymnasium State, with the acquisition of new citizens, was restored. In January 2018, the first presidential election was held, and in early February the government approved the extension of the state's territory to the entire building. On 13 February 2018 the Constitution of the Gymnasium State came into force.
The political system of Gymnasium State is somewhat unusual in the world.
All citizens are automatically in the goverment.
The Gymnasium State completely abolished the system of political parties, and thus differs from most other democratic states. In the Gymnasium State, each individual citizen stands out for his own opinions and can express them freely.
Legislative and executive power
The government of the Gymnasium State represents at the same time a executive power, namely the ministers overseeing each its sectors, and at the same time the legislature, that all ministers have the right to propose and approve new laws.
President and Prime Minister
There are two government positions in the Gymnasium State, the President and the Prime Minister, but they are rather representative. The bearers of these titles therefore hold their ministry posts even during their "reign".
Both the President and the Prime Minister are elected every first Monday of each second month. One person may be elected by the President only once a year, but be a Prime Minister for several consecutive terms in succession.
The government is working on new law, slightly editing the President and Prime Minister terms.
The Gymnasium State does not have a classical judicial system. If a citizen breaks a law, the whole government will impose a corresponding penalty upon him after the debate.
Army of Gymnasium State consist from home defense, mobilized in case of danger.
GeographyThe building claimed by the Gymnasium State
Gymnasium State is fully surrounded by Czech Republic. The territory of the Gymnasium State is flat, and the difference between the lowest and the highest point is not even one meter. Most of the territory is a built-up area; on the contrary, water areas are not here.
Gymnasium State has opened relations with following micronations:
- MYCUS, Republic of - recognition, formal relations
- Lurk, Noble Republic of - recognition, formal relations
- Arkonia, Federal Kingdom of - recognition, formal relations
- Kaion, Democratic Republic of - recognition, formal relations
- Alperia, Empire of - recognition, formal relations
- Mekniy, Empire of - recognition, formal relations
- Sycamore, Kingdom of - recognition, formal relations
- Paxland, Kingdom of - recognition, formal relations
- Karnia-Ruthenia, Empire of - recognition, formal relations
Gymnasium State has informal relations with all members of organizations of which is itself a member, unless it hasn't signed a agreement of formal relations.
- Fyrinia, Republic of - recognition, informal relations
- Radoslavia, Republic of - recognition, informal relations
- Moravia, Republic of - recognition, informal relations
- Western Bohemia, Republic of - recognition, informal relations
- Upper Shwartz Morgen Lorgen Land, Republic of - recognition, informal relations
- Squamily and Friends, Principality of - recognition, informal relations
- Silla, Empire of - recognition, informal relations
- Millania and New Granada, Imperial Empire of - recognition, informal relations
- Befshire, Kingdom of - recognition, informal relations
- Andany, Principality of - recognition, informal relations
- Phyrria, Grand Monarchy of - recognition, informal relations
- Quietrock, Republic of - recognition, informal relations
- Natia, Official Republic of - recognition, informal relations
- Occitania, Popular Union of - recognition, informal relations
- Iustus, Republic of - recognition, informal relations
- Tupos, Empire of - recognition, informal relations
- Miniland, Republic of - recognition, informal relations
- Greenfield, Principality of - recognition, informal relations
- Ladonia, Royal Republic of - recognition, informal relations
- Austrovia, Empire of - recognition, informal relations
The Gymnasium State is a member of following organizations:
- UMCE - full membership
- MOF - membership